LOOK OUT WORLD

Monday, October 17, 2011

McDonalds again Tomah WI. Monopoly

So here is a little story for all my friends in BlogLand.  it all started about 21 years ago I worked for McDonald's in Duluth MN and did what they called their local store marketing and the very 1st Monopoly promotion came out I worked ties with the local cable company and the car dealer for a few nice ti ins.  Since that time each year when it's monopoly game time.   I play it because it brings back memories.  This year is no different.  Each year they try to get you to buy a certain menu items and if I am going to eat food that is not very good for me then I want to max out the game pieces.  This year you get extra game pieces for going large with your meal ( I guess calling it super size was a little to close to home for some of their customers ) but they take away the medium drink so you only gain two pieces.  So I thought why not trade in the large cup to a medium and keep all the extra pieces.  Well at first this worked fine all the McDonald's I stopped at were happy to swap the cup, until I got to Tomah WI. where I asked the same request and a manager said that I could not do that.  I asked why (because the other stores had done that for me) and she said that it was in the rules that McDonald's had sent them so I wondered are they in the rules that the public gets she said no.  I asked her if the rules weren't published to us (in the official rules) how could they stop my request and where do I get a copy of the rules.  I was told if I contacted McDonald's that maybe they would send me the rules.  So I had one final question if it was not during Monopoly could I trade in the cup from large to medium and she said of course.  OK lets just process my order so I can go home.  when I got my order (with the large cup) I left it on the counter and she yelled to me that I forgot my cup I answered back I don't think so.  the good news is I can remove another of the McDonald's off of my list to ever stop at again.

As for the Monopoly slogan 1 in 4 wins I DON'T feel like one of the 4

No comments:

Post a Comment