LOOK OUT WORLD

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Is zero tolerance the only option

My daughter came home from school the other day and told me a little story. She was walking down the hallway between class and saw here cousin they said hi and hugged (as lots of girls did when I was in school)the teacher gave them a 1st warning no touching in school second warning would result in detention, now I understand the no pda rule for girls and boys as I do not condone kissing and other displays in public(by the way a pda is what I used to keep me on schedule) but do we always have to draw the line at zero. I know this is easier to enforce but it takes away all thought and reason in the very place used to foster quality minds used to make good decisions. I do want to point out I do not think I have all the answers I would just like to believe that we could move back a little in time.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a little less PDA and you and your buddies might get a female waitress once in a while.

    ReplyDelete